Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  Identification Help (Moderators: Varangian, Arados)  |  Topic: Old coin Possible Seleucid 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Old coin Possible Seleucid  (Read 109 times)
Timmy L
Praetorian

« on: January 11, 2019, 10:53:51 am »

14.6mm
4.3g

I had no clue where to start on this one. Its heavy and I love the look of it. Just not sure what it is. Thanks all!

IMG-4134" border="0
IMG-4135" border="0
IMG-4136-1-Copy" border="0
Altamura
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 10:57:56 am »

It's probably Macedonian:
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=5311870

Regards

Altamura

Timmy L
Praetorian

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 11:44:28 am »

I think you are right. It is too hard to ID because it is so worn but I like this coin. Thank you!
Lee S
Comitia Curiata
Conservator
Caesar

γεια μας !!!

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 09:12:28 pm »

It's certainly a Macadonion shield/helmet type, but it's also riddled with bronze disiese....
    I would keep it isolated from the rest of my collection if it were mine.... I'm not sure there would be much coin left after treatment, so it might be an idea to dry it out and seal with microcrystalline wax to try and halt any further corrosion.
    Good luck!!!
Lee S.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  Identification Help (Moderators: Varangian, Arados)  |  Topic: Old coin Possible Seleucid « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop