Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Domitius Alexander  (Read 763 times)

Offline Dominic T

• Caesar
Domitius Alexander
« on: December 06, 2018, 05:20:16 pm »
Are you in possession of one of the 205 coins of this emporor ? This link may interest you...
DT
https://www.coinsweekly.com/en/News/Domitius-Alexander--His-Entire-Coinage/4?&id=5782

Offline Vincent

• Caesar
Re: Domitius Alexander
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 07:40:29 pm »
I had a brief encounter with Guillaume Malingue many years ago while bidding on a very rare follis of Maxentius minted for him as with the title of Prince from Carthage. Needless to say, he won the coin in guestion and had kind words and some insightful comments. This looks a valuable study of this short lived ruler. Perhaps he will pursue additional publication of Maxentius, we can only hope...thank you for the announcement.

Offline Dominic T

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 07:46:35 pm »
I think the catalog can be downloaded here :
DT
http://univ-paris1.academia.edu/GuillaumeMalingue

Offline Vincent

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 06:25:21 pm »
W0W...thanks for the link! Very interesting and just what I was looking for....

All coins are guaranteed for eternity