Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING UNTIL 3 SEPTEMBER Layaway and reserve are not available during the sale. Shop now and save! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING UNTIL 3 SEPTEMBER Shop now and save! Please support Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  History and Archeology (Moderator: David Atherton)  |  Topic: Marble portrait of Livia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marble portrait of Livia  (Read 637 times)
Dominic T
Consul

« on: December 01, 2018, 06:29:58 am »

A rare and wonderful marble portrait of the 'first empress of Rome' has been sold a month ago at Christie's Auction. I' m so disappointed because I have been outbid at ( hoping that the moderater will make an exception!) 200000 US $.....  It would have been so nice in my living room…
DT
https://www.christies.com/Features/5-minutes-with-a-Roman-marble-portrait-bust-of-the-Empress-Livia-8628-1.aspx
Tacitus
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 04:08:55 pm »

LOL what was your bid?
Bill W4
Consul

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 04:50:34 pm »

This would have embarrassed my living room; in fact my entire house.  Lovely item though.

I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!
Mat
Caesar

Ancient Coin Addict

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 04:58:37 pm »

It's a nice bust. Thumbs Up

MY GALLERY

MJB Ancients
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  History and Archeology (Moderator: David Atherton)  |  Topic: Marble portrait of Livia « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop