Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Marble portrait of Livia  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Dominic T

• Caesar
Marble portrait of Livia
« on: December 01, 2018, 08:29:58 am »
A rare and wonderful marble portrait of the 'first empress of Rome' has been sold a month ago at Christie's Auction. I' m so disappointed because I have been outbid at ( hoping that the moderater will make an exception!) 200000 US $.....  It would have been so nice in my living room…
DT
https://www.christies.com/Features/5-minutes-with-a-Roman-marble-portrait-bust-of-the-Empress-Livia-8628-1.aspx

Offline Tacitus

• Caesar
Re: Marble portrait of Livia
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 06:08:55 pm »
LOL what was your bid?

Offline Bill W4

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 06:50:34 pm »
This would have embarrassed my living room; in fact my entire house.  Lovely item though.
I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!

Offline Mat

• Caesar
  • Ancient Coin Addict
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 06:58:37 pm »
It's a nice bust. +++
MY GALLERY

MJB Ancients

All coins are guaranteed for eternity