Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Kay Khusraw III Dirham - Inscription Help  (Read 788 times)

Offline Laird B

• Praetorian
Kay Khusraw III Dirham - Inscription Help
« on: November 29, 2018, 04:36:22 pm »
I recently acquired this dirham and am really having trouble with the mint and date.  I have Broome's book on Seljuk coinage but I still can't figure it out.

Starting at 1 o'clock and moving counterclockwise I think I can see zuriba madinat.  The mint should be next but the letter forms are really sloppy (to me at least) - is this possibly Lulu'a?

Following that I think the next two character groups could be fi sanat followed by a date I just can't decipher.  In theory the last word before zuriba starts should be six hundred but it just doesn't look right.  I know that Diwani script was also used for numbers but even with that info I can't make sense of this.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

All coins are guaranteed for eternity