Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: I need some help with authenticity of Parion hemidrachme!  (Read 780 times)

Offline Basileus Nikephoros Antialcidas

• Consul
  • Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possi
I need some help with authenticity of Parion hemidrachme!
« on: November 28, 2018, 06:37:19 am »
I just got this new coin in my collection. I got it from a reputable well known seller. The thing is that its appearance really bothers me. Is it normal for such a coin to have this kind of rough appearance on its surface? Let me note that after close inspection i can say that completely clear of any sprue lines or casting bubbles and also has some soil left on the reassess. I would really appreciate your opinion on this matter! Thank all of you for your help! 2,35 gr 12,5 mm
ABSQUE ARGENTO OMNIA VANA

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Re: I need some help with authenticity of Parion hemidrachme!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 07:43:33 pm »
Perhaps just corroded, then cleaned, then buffed up a bit to consolidate the surfaces.

Offline Kamnaskires

• Caesar
Re: I need some help with authenticity of Parion hemidrachme!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 07:50:01 pm »
Just looks like some porosity to me.  Nice coin.   +++

All coins are guaranteed for eternity