Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING!!! WE ARE OPEN AND SHIPPING!!! We Are Working From Home, Social Distancing, Wearing Masks, And Sanitizing To Pack Orders!!! Please Call Us If You Have Questions 252-646-1958 Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING!!! WE ARE OPEN AND SHIPPING!!! We Are Working From Home, Social Distancing, Wearing Masks, And Sanitizing To Pack Orders!!! Please Call Us If You Have Questions 252-646-1958

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: Danny S. Jones)  |  Topic: Transferwise 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transferwise  (Read 2037 times)
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.

« on: July 12, 2018, 08:23:15 pm »

Transferwise is a way of sending international bank wires that for transfers under $10,000 is cheaper than most banks (including my bank). I just send $2400 to Switzerland and it cost $19 and the exchange rate was as good as it gets. My bank would charge $40. For receiving payments it is cheaper to use than PayPal or a credit card. We now accept Transferwise payments for purchases from Forum. If you sign up for Transferwise and use it to send $3000 or more, Forum can receive a $75 "reward." I do recommend it. Please click here to sign up and credit Forum so we get the $75:

Transferwise.com

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Nemonater
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 08:30:11 pm »

They are excellent. I never use PayPal when I can use Transferwise.

Molinari
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

My defeat, if understood, should be my glory

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 01:32:17 pm »

Do they offer the same level of buyer protection as PayPal?

Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 02:33:50 pm »

No, it is equivalent to a bank wire.  The purpose is to send international bank wires for lower fees and with a better exchange rate.

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Aleph
Consul

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 02:50:01 pm »

Can it be used for domestic transfers?
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 08:02:10 pm »

Probably, but I don't know.  I use direct deposit instead of wires for domestic payments.

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
suarez
Procurator Monetae
Praetorian

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 12:43:10 pm »

Joe, with a Chase private client account you can send wires for free. No strings attached.
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 08:10:04 am »

Free is good.  I will take a look into that.

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Gert
Caesar

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 11:40:02 am »

I have used it for clients from the UK, US and Canada to great satisfaction at both sides for a couple of years. It saves me up to 5% per transaction, and it saves the buyer 2.5% that Paypal charges for the conversion.

It is only for international payments, not domestic. The buyer transfers the amount to a local bank account of transferwise. Then the receiver gets his money from a transferwise account in his home country. This avoids the intransparant and sometimes very expensive bank conversion fees.
Regards
Gert

Molinari
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

My defeat, if understood, should be my glory

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 10:00:41 am »

I used Transferwise for the first time this week.  Highly recommended--fast, easy, and incredibly cheap.  Between wire fees (the seller does not accept paypal) and the exchange rate, I probably saved a few hundred dollars, and a lot of hassle, since my local bank does not do international transfers but uses an intermediary.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Forum (Moderator: Danny S. Jones)  |  Topic: Transferwise « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop