Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Ancient Wars Museum-Dracula Coin  (Read 1379 times)

Offline museumguy

• Caesar
  • I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Ancient Wars Museum-Dracula Coin
« on: November 08, 2018, 12:48:33 pm »
Hi All,

Ran across this unusual little museum in of all places Alabama called the Ancient Wars Museum.  The website isn't particularly informative nor are the photos of the collection but take a look at the (silent) videos on the homepage.  The second one talks about Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler), the inspiration for Bram Stoker's Dracula.  A couple of the slides refer to the "Ban" coin which according to them (?) was minted by Radu I, great-grandfather of Vlad the Impaler, thus the designation, "Dracula Coin".  Enjoy.

https://ancientwarsmuseum.org/

Steve S.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity