Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  History and Archeology (Moderator: David Atherton)  |  Topic: Roman cemetery discoverd in Syria 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roman cemetery discoverd in Syria  (Read 246 times)
bakkar
Caesar

« on: October 31, 2018, 05:29:37 pm »

https://www.gettyimages.ae/detail/news-photo/picture-taken-on-october-31-2018-shows-a-recently-news-photo/1055755746

https://www.gettyimages.ae/detail/news-photo/picture-taken-on-october-31-2018-shows-a-recently-news-photo/1055755806

https://www.gettyimages.ae/detail/news-photo/picture-taken-on-october-31-2018-shows-a-recently-news-photo/1055757840
Canaan
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 03:37:31 pm »

Hello Bakkar, hope every thing is ok with you, a great find, i am glad  that the archeological finds and authorities are still functioning!!

bakkar
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 09:57:35 am »

Unfortunately my friend, no authority there. It is in the rebels area.
Idlib antiquities centre in the rebel-held area is fake.
They use heavy digging machines to search for valuable ancient materials,  and they discover sites by chance.
quadrans
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 11:13:46 am »

This is very regrettable... Sad

Hi Bakkar, take care of yourself...

Q.

bakkar
Caesar

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 03:36:56 pm »

Thanks Q.  I am watching your large collection here. It is  interesting and colourful.

H.Bakkarl
quadrans
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 11:02:30 pm »

Thank you very much, Bakkar,

Q.

Meepzorp
Caesar

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 02:27:51 am »

Hi bakkar,

Thank you for sharing the links.

It is good to see that you are still alive and posting. It is really unfortunate what is going on in that part of the world.

Every time I see the title of this thread, I think of the song "Cemetery Gates" by Pantera. That's a great song. Smiley

Meepzorp

bakkar
Caesar

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 05:07:51 pm »

Thanks Meepzorp .
Yes, it is a surprise to find survived people in this part of the world, but to say the truth,
I DO NOT like any song related with a cemetery . Smiley
I have my reasons  Grin

H.Bakkar
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  History and Archeology (Moderator: David Atherton)  |  Topic: Roman cemetery discoverd in Syria « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop