Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING UNTIL 3 SEPTEMBER Layaway and reserve are not available during the sale. Shop now and save! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING UNTIL 3 SEPTEMBER Shop now and save! Please support Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Uncleaned Ancient Coin Discussion  |  Topic: Is this a Campgate with Bronze Disease 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this a Campgate with Bronze Disease  (Read 652 times)
Blayne W
Consul

« on: December 14, 2018, 12:51:03 pm »

Just got a new uncleaned group of coins and while I was wasting time at work I was looking through them excitedly.

I noticed this Campgate with a Green covering.  Does this look like Bronze Disease?  I havent been able to pick at it with a tooth pick to try that.   If it is Bronze disease does it look fairly advanced.

Thanks for your help.

Blayne

Bill W4
Consul

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 02:46:43 pm »

To me it doesn't appear to be bronze disease.  With patience it may clean up well.  Good luck.

I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!
Blayne W
Consul

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 03:12:48 pm »

Awesome thanks.  I have it at home now just soaking in DW.  Will brush it later tonight after the wife's Christmas Party.  I have a soft spot right now for the Camp Gates so was hating the thoughts of that one having Bronze Disease.   

otlichnik
Tribunus Plebis 2016
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 07:27:53 am »

I am not so sure.  There are parts that are just dirt over the bronze.  There are parts that are hard green encrustations - malachite.  But there are some very light green spots that might be bd.

I would work gently with bamboo skewers to remove the dirt and see how hard the green bits are.

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Uncleaned Ancient Coin Discussion  |  Topic: Is this a Campgate with Bronze Disease « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop