Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Question about sigla variety of 1046-60 Hungarian Denar  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Edward D

• Caesar
Question about sigla variety of 1046-60 Hungarian Denar
« on: October 24, 2018, 03:51:55 pm »
I have a 1046-60 Hungarian Denar under King Andreas I;Huszar 9,Unger 5. I see 2 points in each of the inner circle quadrants and what looks like a point under REX. Using the Coinage of Arpadian Catalogue Vol. 1/Opitz,I think it looks like sigla variety a8.1/78. The 2 points in the lower right quadrant is confusing me. Thank you.

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Question about sigla variety of 1046-60 Hungarian Denar
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 04:33:13 pm »
Edward, I'm at work right now and don't have the book handy. I suspect that Joe will have answered your question before I get around to doing so. It may be a busy evening for me. Stkp

Online quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 04:36:46 pm »
Dear Edwards,

Your coin is "a9.1/81" because you have one dot(pellet) at the end of the REX this is the 9th dot...

Regards
Joe as Q.

All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline Edward D

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 04:56:54 pm »
Thank you,Quadrans! I was wondering if it could be the one you mentioned. I was trying to decide between those two. +++ :)

Online quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 06:51:03 pm »
It is OK,
if you have any help please do not hesitate to ask me...

Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

All coins are guaranteed for eternity