Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Question about sigla variety of 1046-60 Hungarian Denar 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about sigla variety of 1046-60 Hungarian Denar  (Read 437 times)
Edward D
Consul

« on: October 24, 2018, 01:51:55 pm »

I have a 1046-60 Hungarian Denar under King Andreas I;Huszar 9,Unger 5. I see 2 points in each of the inner circle quadrants and what looks like a point under REX. Using the Coinage of Arpadian Catalogue Vol. 1/Opitz,I think it looks like sigla variety a8.1/78. The 2 points in the lower right quadrant is confusing me. Thank you.
Stkp
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 02:33:13 pm »

Edward, I'm at work right now and don't have the book handy. I suspect that Joe will have answered your question before I get around to doing so. It may be a busy evening for me. Stkp

quadrans
IMPERATOR
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 02:36:46 pm »

Dear Edwards,

Your coin is "a9.1/81" because you have one dot(pellet) at the end of the REX this is the 9th dot...

Regards
Joe as Q.

Edward D
Consul

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 02:56:54 pm »

Thank you,Quadrans! I was wondering if it could be the one you mentioned. I was trying to decide between those two. Thumbs Up Smiley
quadrans
IMPERATOR
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 04:51:03 pm »

It is OK,
if you have any help please do not hesitate to ask me...

Q.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Question about sigla variety of 1046-60 Hungarian Denar « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop