Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: King John Penny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: King John Penny  (Read 516 times)
orfew
Caesar

« on: October 05, 2018, 06:37:57 pm »

I had been looking for a penny of King John. The last one I bought turned out to be Henry III and not John. This one has an impressive provenance. It was part of the J.P. Mass collection and is included in SCBI 56. In fact this coin s the reference coin for that publication.

The penny of John will fit in nicely with a small collection I have been building. I have been trying to get coins of the family members of Eleanor of Aquitaine.

I have the following coins

Eleanor
Guillaume X
Henry II
Richard I
Louis VII
Louis IX
Edward I
Edward III
Geoffrey

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-149888

Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 12:18:39 am »

Nice coin!

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
orfew
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 07:11:45 am »

Thank you Joe

quadrans
IMPERATOR
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 11:03:32 am »

I had been looking for a penny of King John. The last one I bought turned out to be Henry III and not John. This one has an impressive provenance. It was part of the J.P. Mass collection and is included in SCBI 56. In fact this coin s the reference coin for that publication.

The penny of John will fit in nicely with a small collection I have been building. I have been trying to get coins of the family members of Eleanor of Aquitaine.

I have the following coins

Eleanor
Guillaume X
Henry II
Richard I
Louis VII
Louis IX
Edward I
Edward III
Geoffrey

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-149888

Nice find  Thumbs Up Wink

Q.

orfew
Caesar

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 08:26:55 pm »

Thanks Q!  Thumbs Up

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: King John Penny « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop