Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Antiochia Pisidia  (Read 876 times)

Offline AlfaOmega

• Consul
Antiochia Pisidia
« on: October 02, 2018, 09:28:12 am »
This coin ae 22 of Antiochia Pisidia, is of Septimio Severus, the only classification found is Imhoof-Blumer 15, I do not know what it is. I would kindly ask if there is a certain classification. I thank the help and cordially greet. Roberto

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: Antiochia Pisidia
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 09:34:19 am »
Imhoof-Blumer is: F. Imhoof-Blumer, Kleinasiatische Münzen II (1902)

This is Imhoof-Blumer 15, which might be a die match

http://www.smb-digital.de/eMuseumPlus?service=ExternalInterface&module=collection&objectId=2423825&viewType=detailView

Obverse:  IMP C SE-V PERT AVG IIII. head of Septimius Severus with laurel wreath to the right.

Reverse: ANTIOCH - COLONIAE. Draped bust of Mên with Phrygian cap set on  crescent

Offline AlfaOmega

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 12:30:46 pm »
Thanks for all

Offline andi89

• Praetorian
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:35:28 am »
It is a die match with mine, too.

22-23 mm, 4,52 g

Seems to be a pretty rare coin.