Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Mark Antony and Octavian Denarius  (Read 962 times)

Offline Minos

• Caesar
Mark Antony and Octavian Denarius
« on: September 14, 2018, 01:29:57 pm »
Here's a denarius currently offered  by yet another obvious fake seller registered in Bulgaria, but with his coins being "located" in another European country (a new trend ?)...

Compared with this one, sold by known fake seller star4eto80...

And this other, sold by another seller that has been discussed lately (the one that was removed from the list ;) )...

Note that the first seller also currently has one of "those" Legionary denarii...

As well as a Thasos stater that shares its obverse with another coin discussed a few days ago..

Yordan M

Re: Mark Antony and Octavian Denarius
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 04:56:43 am »
Match at first 2 coins, but mine mister real expert is an original. Now carefully see my coin and the other two, and if you tell me they are match and the coin is same,(not original)... Just everyone will see your competition.
Of course every or about every coin has a fakes,but this doesn't mean nothing. My coin is completely different from other 2 coins and if you cannot see that, please don't be an ""expert"". If you wanna fight against me, just tell me to know.

Offline Minos

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 12:49:04 pm »
You actually have something else than threats and insults ? Something like... arguments ?

Let's waste a little time playing with your coin...

Here's a small recording I've made to compare the obverse of coin 1 and 3 (don't think I can embed the video here)... There is the [weird] bubble eye of your Antony that could be different (retouching ?), filled die above his bust (legend) maybe,... What else ?

https://vimeo.com/user89564803/review/290043960/4cb6fe00f6

Note that at least the second Antony/Octavian denarius look struck (modern dies ?)... So much as some of the Legionary denarii from a [very obvious] fake seller I've posted in another thread as comparison with yours... You said yourself that these were struck too (modern dies ?)...

How could your coins be genuine and theirs fake... The dies are overlapping everywhere, in a very strange way within your own coins and in a very disturbing way compared with those of fake sellers...

Offline Minos

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 01:02:16 pm »
According to you you're the only expert here, and you're either too crooked or too dumb to see anything, so keep waiting :P

Offline Minos

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 01:17:04 pm »
Oh, and thanks for the PM (I think you have a serious temper issue  ::) )

Yordan M

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 02:26:51 pm »
I don't know what kind of problems I have, but immediately stop with your incompetent opinions, which are just lies, you will have serious problems. I will find your site, and  will post your coins here, because I think they might be fakes. Doesn't care they are not or they are fake. If this is your way to invite/scam the buyers to buy from your sites and not from other, OK, I saw that.All of you!

Offline okidoki

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 03:41:57 pm »
I don't know what kind of problems I have, but immediately stop with your incompetent opinions, which are just lies, you will have serious problems. I will find your site, and  will post your coins here, because I think they might be fakes. Doesn't care they are not or they are fake. If this is your way to invite/scam the buyers to buy from your sites and not from other, OK, I saw that.All of you!

please stop trolling
All the Best,
Eric
There are no strangers, only friends you do not know yet.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=37270

Offline Din X

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 03:48:28 pm »
"Did you see that the dies are extremely different idiot"

They are from the same dies!
Coins from the same dies will always look a little bit different from each other due to different strike (more or less powerful strike, slippage (die shift), double struck areas, etc), or different wear or corrosion of the coin, and different die state (dies can wear and corrode or they can get die breaks or die flaws).
And the same coins can look pretty much different in different pictures (lumination, camera and camera settings etc.)

The same dies as a fake does not mean much except it is die linked to a fake from modern dies. Then all coins with this dies are fake !!!!

But you can of course take impressions of an authentic coin too and make cast, electrotype or transfer die fakes from this impression, then not all coins from these die are fake (at least the host is authentic).

I would be very surprised if any of this three coins would be authentic!
They have some serious problems if they look in hand the same as in pictures.

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 04:15:08 pm »

It takes a hurricane: the moment anyone steps away from moderating the board for even a day, senseless trolls such as Yordan shout and bully their way to try and convince us their evident fakes are real.

All these Antony pieces are fakes (I'm not going to call them coins because they are not coins).

Offline Dominic T

• Caesar
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 04:25:53 pm »
Dear Yordan, I don’t intervene often in these discussions, but today I can’t stay silent. I am very desappointed by some of your recent posts. I’m a teacher for many years now, and in my classes I like when the students challenge or desagree with my opinions. I even encourage them to do so. But always with RESPECT. Because even when somebody is right on a question, if he use insults or agressivity, he loses all credibility. I do not appreciate when you insult some members here. And just to be clear, I don’t know anyone of them and like you I am not from USA. What is sad is that it seem to me that you have a certain knowledge in numismatic area, which I don’t have. So please, would it be possible for you to behave correctly and respectfully, even when you desagree with other’s opinions ? I am sure it would be greatly appreciated by everyone on this forum.
Regards
DT

Offline Nemonater

• Caesar
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 04:45:02 pm »
I imagine that, when the flood waters recede, Yordan will be banned and his name only remembered on the fake seller list.

Yordan M

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 04:45:40 pm »
I have not more time to speak with "Pseudo experts".
@McCabe
Little different doesn't means completely different. Check the obv. Legend (12 h.) on the 2 fakes that is wrong and is different from the mine. Also the style is not same, portraits, mouths, letters, eyes, everything.You can't see simple things, and you are experts? Shame.

Yordan M

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 04:48:43 pm »
Doesn't care what 10 old dirty grandfather's think here. You are history.
God forgive you! Amen!

Offline Minos

• Caesar
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 04:53:31 pm »
@McCabe
Little different doesn't means completely different. Check the obv. Legend (12 h.) on the 2 fakes that is wrong and is different from the mine. Also the style is not same, portraits, mouths, letters, eyes, everything.You can't see simple things, and you are experts? Shame.

Surely you took some time to browse Andrew's website, in his signature, before making a fool of yourself ?

Yordan M

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2018, 04:57:36 pm »
@McCabe

Surely you took some time to browse Andrew's website, in his signature, before making a fool of yourself ?

His signature is nothing more then the mine or other. It's a paper which I need to wipe my ass. That's all. And will comment some coins from his website. May be there are fakes?

Offline Minos

• Caesar
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 05:02:58 pm »
@McCabe

His signature is nothing more then the mine or other. It's a paper which I need to wipe my ass. That's all. And will comment some coins from his website. May be there are fakes?

Well, I made a mistake, you are dumb AND crooked  :-*

Time to lock the door  ;)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity