Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  Identification Help (Moderators: Varangian, Arados)  |  Topic: identification help please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: identification help please  (Read 169 times)
Paul L
Legionary

« on: September 12, 2018, 06:26:41 am »

Can anyone help me to identify this coin please. I bought it described as Cista Mystica but I am not sure that is correct. I have searched through a lot of places to try and identify it but nothing I find comes close to what looks like an altar with a pot/jug on the top. The coin is bronze and weighs 1.76gm and is 14.5mm.

Thanks
shanxi
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 11:47:35 pm »

I have searched through a lot of places to try and identify it but nothing I find comes close to what looks like an altar with a pot/jug on the top.

If you rotate it 180° it looks like a basket with grain ears and poppy.

Pekka K
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

...one coin at a time...

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 12:18:40 am »

Similar to this: https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=110478

Pekka K

Arados
Comitia Curiata
IMPERATOR
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 12:50:03 am »

For additional search criteria try Tyche (obverse).

Paul L
Legionary

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 05:12:24 am »

Big thank you to Shanxi, Pekka and Arados. Thanks to your help I am getting close to identifying the coin.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  Identification Help (Moderators: Varangian, Arados)  |  Topic: identification help please « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop