Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Meydancikkale Hoard - coin #2481  (Read 1199 times)

Offline n.igma

• Caesar
  • Life is bigger than a Tweet.
Meydancikkale Hoard - coin #2481
« on: September 08, 2018, 02:24:56 am »
I am hoping that someone with a copy of Davesne, A. and Le Rider, G. Gülnar II, le trésor de Meydancikkale (Cilicie Trachée, 1980). Paris: Éditions Recherche sur les Civilisations, 1989 can provide me with a scan of the image of hoard coin 2481, plus its weight in grams, if recorded.

Meydancikkale 2481 is a Susa wreath group Alexander tetradrachm, attributed to the satrapy of Aspeisas 316-311 BC. 

Unfortunately, I have no easy access to the Meydancikkale Hoard publication. The information and image I am seeking will assist in a study of this coinage that I am completing.

Any help is much appreciated.
All historical inquiry is contingent and provisional, and our own prejudices will in due course come under scrutiny by our successors.

Offline marylannin

• Praetorian
Re: Meydancikkale Hoard - coin #2481
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 06:26:40 pm »
I have sent you an email with the scans.

M

Offline n.igma

• Caesar
  • Life is bigger than a Tweet.
Re: Meydancikkale Hoard - coin #2481
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 08:40:01 pm »
Thank you Mary. Your help has made it much easier to complete the study, which provides conclusive evidence that the Susa 'wreath group' must be down dated from the Satrapy of Aspeisas  to the era of Seleukos in the period 311/0-308/7 BC. A paper to that effect that will be submitted for consideration in the next volume of Nick Molinari's Koinon.  I understand that he's close to 'pushing the button' on the publication of the first volume.
All historical inquiry is contingent and provisional, and our own prejudices will in due course come under scrutiny by our successors.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity