Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Has the NA market for Roman coins slowed down a bit over the past few years?  (Read 1778 times)

Offline William S7

• Praetorian
I got into ancient coin collecting back in 2013, focused on Imperatorial/Republican issues. Am I correct in noting a decrease in the market in North America for such coins? Is there now something of a split market, with the European market being a bit stronger? This observation and question are based on informal observations, please correct me if you think I am mistaken.

Offline Mat

• Caesar
  • Ancient Coin Addict
I think it seems to be stronger than ever. I got into ancients in 2009 and from then and to now, I have seen a bigger increase in collectors & seen prices seem to gradually increase.

Now U.S. coins seem to have softened a bit.
MY GALLERY

MJB Ancients

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
It was much stronger before the Great Recession, and recovery has been slow but steady.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline suarez

• Procurator Monetae
  • Praetorian
A ~15% drop. The difference in Roman imperial is even larger for the same time period. Not sure why

Rasiel

All coins are guaranteed for eternity