Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  The Best of Type Gallery (Moderators: *Alex, Dino)  |  Topic: BYZANTINE ALEXIUS HEAD TO HEAD [Contest over, winner declared] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BYZANTINE ALEXIUS HEAD TO HEAD [Contest over, winner declared]  (Read 534 times)
*Alex
Procurator Caesaris
IMPERATOR
Caesar

Etiam Iuppiter non omnibus placet.

« on: August 17, 2018, 08:19:00 am »

Two Byzantine Alexius I Tetarterons in contention. Both coins are attributed as S:1929.

CLICK ON COIN AND CAST YOUR VOTE

Simon:

Quadrans:

Please cast your votes on BOTH coins.

This contest ended on 1st September.

*Alex

*Alex
Procurator Caesaris
IMPERATOR
Caesar

Etiam Iuppiter non omnibus placet.

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 08:04:26 am »

This Contest has finished and Simon's coin is the winner. Congratulations.

Commiserations Quadrans, I have moved your coin to the "Coins from Members' Personal Ancient Coin Galleries" gallery.

Although votes cast after the closing date are not counted as far as the head to head contests are concerned, you can rate any of the coins in the "Best of Type" gallery at any time.

Thank-you to everyone who took part in this contest.

*Alex

quadrans
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:13:14 pm »

Dear *Alex, thank you... Smiley

and

Thank you all of the people who voted me and Simon...

Dear Simon, I congratulate you as a winner ... Thumbs Up,

My friend, you have so many great Byzantion coin, ... Wink Thumbs Up

Best regards.

Joe as Q.

Simon
Comitia Curiata
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Tetartera Collector

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 03:10:13 pm »

Joe your example  is a beautiful coin and you and I know how hard it is to find beautiful examples of this type .My patina gave me the edge I think.  So congratulations on a very tight race.

Thanks to all who voted.

Simon

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5633 My main collection of Tetartera. Post reform coinage.
quadrans
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 01:29:34 pm »

Thank you, Simon,  Wink Smiley Thumbs Up

Joe

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Resources  |  The Best of Type Gallery (Moderators: *Alex, Dino)  |  Topic: BYZANTINE ALEXIUS HEAD TO HEAD [Contest over, winner declared] « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop