Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Wang Mang fake coin  (Read 599 times)

Offline arash p

• Consul
Wang Mang fake coin
« on: August 14, 2018, 07:09:50 pm »
Hi Guys

I just noticed a coin on Ebay and think it is fake. Not sure about his other coins but some of them feels not right specially from patina point of view. Looks like patina is painted

[Link to eBay removed by ADMIN.]

another example of fake (looks cast soapy and missing details) :

[Link to eBay removed by ADMIN.]

Can we add him to fake seller list?

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Wang Mang fake coin
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 07:43:49 pm »
Arash we do not link to eBay to discuss coins.  First, we do not name sellers when we discuss coins. A link names the seller. Second in 90 days there would be two broken links on the discussion board. Broken links ruin the thread. Broken links are annoying to click. Broken links lower Google rank. We upload the photos and discuss the coins. I have corrected you post.

Nomination for the NFSL is separate from discussing coins.  Below are the instructions for nomination.

Do not nominate a seller, post a seller's name or username, link to a seller's eBay listings or store or website until after a consensus is reached that at least some of their coins are fake.  

Step 1)  Post some of the seller's coins that you suspect or know are fake.  Do not include the sellers' name or a link.  If you have found matching fakes on the Fake Coin Reports, say so.  Upload the photos to the discussion board.  Do not link to the photos on eBay or another website.  

Step 2)  After consensus is reached that the coins are fake, then nominate the seller.  Only then should the seller be named and a link provided.  

The nomination post or thread should have the subject "Nomination of insert eBay username as a Notorious Fraud." The post should include the username and a link to the sellers' item list on eBay.  
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline arash p

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 08:25:09 pm »
Thanks Joe for let me know the rules . I will keep this in mind for future .

Regards
Arash

Offline arash p

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 10:34:04 pm »
any idea if these are fakes?

Offline spinkpa

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 01:23:50 am »
Ebay auction ending soon, is it?

If you are unsure of the authenticity of these pieces or of the expertise or integrity of the vendor then do not bid/buy.

Save your money for coins and vendors you are sure of.

Offline arash p

• Consul
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 08:05:01 am »
I dont plan to buy any of these I just want to know they are authentic or not and if fake we add to fakes list

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 09:12:03 am »
Apparently nobody has a strong enough opinion either way.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Online Callimachus

• Caesar
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 11:10:55 am »
Ancient Chinese coins are cast to begin with, so many of them are quite difficult to distinguish from modern counterfeits.
(I have no opinion on this one.)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity