Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Zenobia work, discoveries.  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
Zenobia work, discoveries.
« on: August 03, 2018, 07:42:57 pm »
Hello everyone, i would like to show you my last work abput Zenobia. All of her coins are extremly rare but i already found interesting variants of legend and type.
You can discover everything here: https://www.all-your-coins.com/en/emperors/romaines/zenobia
Lets talk about it here  ;)

Online Mat

• Caesar
  • Ancient Coin Addict
Re: Zenobia work, discoveries.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 07:56:50 pm »
Nice & attractive page.

Would love an affordable coin of her.
MY GALLERY

MJB Ancients

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 08:33:32 pm »
Thank you, im glad that you appreciate. All her coins has high prices, but they are so scarce.

Offline dougsmit

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek & Roman Coins
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 09:26:42 am »
Since her coins are so rare and types so few, I would suggest expanding your coverage to include all Provincials that exist.  As a public service, you might even list and illustrate commonly seen fakes.  I have not done the research but there might be Becker, Lippanov, Slavei things that need to be known an avoided by those even considering seeking a coin of Zenobia.  I have no genuine coins of Zenobia but have a fake of her Alexandrian tetradrachm tooled from a Flavian period AE as.

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 08:18:13 am »
Dear dougsmit,

Thank you for sharing and i agree your comment!

I already started a fake page here: https://www.all-your-coins.com/en/emperors/romaines-faux-modernes/flavius-victor-220
The problem is i need to have photo copyrights for showing a coin! I would be very glad to add your coin on the database if you accept to share photo copyright.
I would like to add a lot of fake coins, but as i said, i cant with copyright. But there is many coins that im adding and that i can share freely.
For the provincial coins, the work is on progress.
For the becker forgeries the work is on progress too... there will be a special mention for becker forgeries, below the list of official coins.

I was completing the adding of Flavius Victor coins with style study... its 99% finished. Tomorrow ill start zenobia provincial coins and fake, then becker forgeries for vetranio and more.  :)

Offline dougsmit

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek & Roman Coins
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 12:11:48 pm »
You may use my photo.  Unfortunately since it is a tooled alteration and one of a kind, it might not help people as much as would cast and copy die specimens. 

If it would be of any use to your study, you may use my only FV image below.

Offline COINS FAN

• Consul
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 12:30:11 am »
 +++

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 12:49:07 am »
Yes, thank you, ill use it. Your coin show a reverse with the 2nd style that i recorded. I was doing a complete picture from zero, because i didnt got the copyright photo of this coin. Now with yours, i will win a lot of time.
Ill let you know here when the becker coins, provincial zenobia and Flavius Victor are online.

Offline Flav V

• Caesar
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 11:15:56 am »
Hello,

The work on Zenobia provincial coins is onlien here: https://www.all-your-coins.com/en/emperors/romaines-provinciales/zenobia-221

You can find Elpis illustration who was not listed on the internet yet.

@Dougsmith, ill talk about your tooled coin soon on the website, probably on article and fake coins (fake hybrid coin category).

All coins are guaranteed for eternity