Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Antiochos drachm?  (Read 261 times)

Offline CL

• Praetorian
Antiochos drachm?
« on: August 08, 2018, 02:44:23 pm »
Could someone help me identify this drachm? It was sold as a "cappadocian drachm" but I'm pretty sure it is a drachm of Antiochos, however I have no idea which one specific.
Diameter is 17mm and weight is 3.6g. Thank you.

Offline CL

• Praetorian
Re: Antiochos drachm?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 07:08:49 am »
When I search on the Phi monogram (visible at bottom of the coin) I get this coin:

But this is an extremely rare Antiochos, son of Seleukos IV, 175-170 BC drachm, I doubt this is my coin.

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 07:29:42 am »

Offline CL

• Praetorian
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 07:35:21 am »
Thank you for the reply.

I also found this Seleukos IV drachm with the same monogram:

The obverse and reverse all look so similair! Very hard to identify.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity