Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numism  |  For the New Ancient Coin Collector (Moderators: wolfgang336, Stkp, Lucas H)  |  Topic: Very New colector question - Judean Coin Reference? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Very New colector question - Judean Coin Reference?  (Read 1210 times)
Max F
Auxiliary

« on: June 12, 2018, 02:55:02 pm »

I am just starting out with my historical interest in ancient Judean Coins. Can someone give me a starting reference or point me  in the right direction?

Any help appreciated
Max
cmcdon0923
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 10:24:49 pm »

Welcome Max.

The first place I would start is with the DISCUSSION area specifically devoted to Biblical and Judaean Coins -  http://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?board=28.0

There are literally hundreds of different topics and discussion threads, going back upwards of 15 years.

Various members have galleries of their collections...just check the "signature" section of their posts for an associated URL (e.g., mine is below).

If you're looking for reference materials, the most obvious one to start with is David Hendin's "Guide To Biblical Coins". 

Joe has the most recent edition (5th) available in the FORVM shop.   https://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?vpar=1209&zpg=54103

Craig

otlichnik
Tribunus Plebis 2016
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 09:36:14 am »

Welcome.  And I can second the recommendation for Hendin's book.  It provides a lot more than just the identification of the coins.  Well worth having.

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numism  |  For the New Ancient Coin Collector (Moderators: wolfgang336, Stkp, Lucas H)  |  Topic: Very New colector question - Judean Coin Reference? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop