Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Sterling of John of Avesnes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sterling of John of Avesnes  (Read 615 times)
mauseus
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......

« on: May 12, 2018, 07:54:59 am »

Hi,

Just added a new sterling to my small collection of English Edwardian pennies and continental imitations.

John of Avesnes, 1280-1304
AR Sterling
Valenciennes mint
Mayhew 32

Regards,

Mauseus

quadrans
IMPERATOR
Caesar

Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 05:48:26 pm »

Nice piece,  Thumbs Up

mauseus
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 02:46:24 pm »

Hi,
Thank-you. I love these coins. I got a poor Gaucher de Chatillon years ago, bought Mayhew's book and have still only managed to acquire eight specimens. I don't often come across them.

Regards,

Mauseus

orfew
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 11:07:20 pm »

Nice acquisition. I have never seen one of those before.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Sterling of John of Avesnes « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop