Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Is this roman ring authentic?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Matthew F

• Auxiliary
Is this roman ring authentic?
« on: January 19, 2020, 11:55:29 pm »
So I recently bought this roman ring. I'm aware a ring is not a coin but frankly I'm not aware of any roman ring forums. If you know of one, please mention it!

Anyway, is this ring authentic as far as you can tell? I know it's a bit hard to determine through pictures, but I'd love to know what period it's from, what it depicts, etc. I'd get it authenticated, but tbh it would cost more than the ring did.

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Re: Is this roman ring authentic?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 08:38:24 am »
Style is primitive and the motif a favorite of fakers-- can say no more.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity