Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Ancient Coin Condition Census  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Richard M10

• Praetorian
Ancient Coin Condition Census
« on: April 11, 2018, 07:50:10 pm »
I am willing to bet that most of you know this already. NGC is developing what can be called a modified ancient coin condition census based on the ancient coins they have certified. I say modified because I believe the parameters used to perform the search will be quite broad. Also the draft format excludes condition scores which is a shame because value wise an XF 4/5 – 4/5 is worth a lot more than an XF 2/5 – 2/5 (this should have a value equal to or less than a VF 3/3 – 3/3 based on my understanding of what Dave told me some time ago). Heritage is posting the NGC condition census for ancients they are auctioning but according to Dave what they are posting will not be the final version. Dave believes the final version will included data on coins designated to have “Fine Style.” Just thought some of you might be interested in this.

Regards

Dick

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
Re: Ancient Coin Condition Census
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 01:09:02 am »
Just what is needed.....another gimmick to help fleece the unknowing out of their money.

Bless their hearts !

All coins are guaranteed for eternity