Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: spotty silvery billon  (Read 1260 times)

Offline B-Chicago

• Praetorian
spotty silvery billon
« on: April 11, 2018, 01:46:46 pm »
this easy method has worked wonders on some ugly coins and turned them into real nice coins:

soak in tap water with heavy dose of counter top dish soap - check every few hours, brush lightly with a softer toothbrush that hasn't been chopped down ...and then leave in the solution overnight..or several days...checking regularly and doing the light brushing each time... maybe refreshing the solution every day...until desired results are achieved

next time I get a 'new' one I will post before and after pics. I don't have any dirty ones at the time being

and if you are going to try this, do it on a junkier coin first and see how it goes..or several that you haven't been able to get clean

works best on claudius ii or gallienus  or similar era...

All coins are guaranteed for eternity