Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Sultans of Delhi, Ilkhanid or Persian? 8 pointed star AR 20.23mm 2.46g Al Fateh  (Read 838 times)

Offline pogh_poor

• Caesar
  • I love this forum!
I bought an interesting Islamic AR which measures 20.23 mm  and weighs approximately 2.46g.  It has six pointed stars on both the obverse and the reverse with an arch over it.   Bakkar helpfully said on the identification board that the obverse reads  in the name of " Al Fateh Khan".  There was a ruler named Fateh Khan who issued coins  under the Dehli Sultanate.  It appears more Ilkhanid or Persian in style to me.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Pogh_poor
All passes, Art alone Enduring stays to us; The Bust out-lasts the throne,-- The coin, Tiberius.

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...

I count 8 points on the stars.

Pekka K

Offline pogh_poor

• Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Right you are.
All passes, Art alone Enduring stays to us; The Bust out-lasts the throne,-- The coin, Tiberius.

Offline pogh_poor

• Caesar
  • I love this forum!
I believe that I have now identified it is a dirhem of Suleiman II, Morocco, KM C 108b.2,  Album 622. Year AH 1220 (1806)  Pogh_poor

All coins are guaranteed for eternity