Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Administration Announcements  |  Topic: Moving to the Cloud Tommorow Morning EST 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moving to the Cloud Tommorow Morning EST  (Read 4393 times)
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.

« on: February 22, 2018, 02:23:13 pm »

We will be moving the site tomorrow, from our own two dedicated servers, to the Amazon cloud.  The site will be down for about an hour in the early morning (eastern US time). We hope that it will go smoothly and you won't notice anything, but you might.  If you notice something is not working, give it about 20 minutes and try again. If it still doesn't work, please let me know. Call or text 252-646-1958. 

The cloud is much cheaper and scalable. We can get more space and more features anytime we need them, just by paying a little more.

Hopefully it all goes smooth....

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Jay GT4
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Leave the gun, take the Canoli!

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 06:23:38 am »

I am not aware of any twitches.
Hey Joe,
The strange thing that happens when you use apostrophes when listing an auction still happens and the constant need to log in when checking your auction notes or even your wish list.  I've posted about them before in the help section.

Like this:

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/auction/APViewItem.asp?ID=71137

I hope Sorins daughter is OK.  

My Gallery: http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=18312

IG: @artisan.flooring
J. Grande
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 10:22:59 am »

The auction problem I know, but you asked about board updates above.  I don't know of any issues with the discussion board. The auction software is not related to the discussion board. I don't think there are any updates available for the auction software, so unfortunately we will have to modify it. It is on the very long to-do list.

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 06:35:31 am »

I am deleting posts after the issue is resolved to help Sorin and me to keep better track of what we still need to do. If you see your issue still posted and it is resolved. please post to let us know.  If you have an issue that has not been resolved and it is not posted above, please post to let us know. Thanks.  

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 05:42:07 am »

FTP to hosted sites is set up.  If you have a site and it is not working, email webmaster1 at forumancientcoins.com and let Sorin know. Let him know what password you want with 8 characters or more including at least one each: upper case letter, lower case letter, number and symbol.

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Gil-galad
Praetorian

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 05:35:15 pm »

I've been getting a "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable." off and on for most of the day.
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 06:16:38 pm »

503 means the server is too busy. Our logs show the server hit 100% for less than one minute today, most of the time it has been under 50% and it only went over 60% three times for less than a couple minutes each time.  And 60% is not even close to a 503. I'm not sure how your errors were possible or how to fix them.

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Jschulze
Caesar

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 12:42:34 am »

Hello! Just a heads-up.

The "websites hosted by FORVM" on the home page seem to have broken links.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com

The content within them, as links in my favorites are also not available.

Thank you!
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 07:42:59 am »

Fixed.  It was an application pool setting that was incorrect.  I did not know what an application pool was before and I am not sure I do now, but I now know they have to be turned on to work

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 07:48:40 am »

Sorin has sent emails to all the site owners advising they need a new password. Some of the emails have bounced as undeliverable. If you own a hosted site and your email has changed, please let us know your new email address.

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 04:09:37 pm »

Bump.   

Any issues?

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Meepzorp
Caesar

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 04:58:50 am »

Hi folks,

I just sent a PM to Joe regarding this issue. I am posting it here to get a feel for how widespread this problem is. I am wondering if it is only affecting certain people, or if it is a Forum-wide issue.

At 6:40 AM today, I was unable to access any of my Meepzorp website pages. I kept getting an "error 503" message.

A few days ago, Dane posted in the Lydia thread that she was having the same issue. She couldn't access any of my Meepzorp website pages, and she kept getting an "error 503" messge. Yet, Pekka and I were able to access the same pages with no problem. But I don't know how much time elapsed between Dane experiencing the issue and Pekka and myself successfully accessing my website pages.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Meepzorp

PeterD
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

omnium curiositatum explorator

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 05:38:44 am »

I am currently getting the same message when accessing my 'Historia' site.

Peter, London

Historia: A collection of coins with their historical context http://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 10:40:12 am »

It was the same problem as last time. The application pool for hosted websites was shut down. Last time I found that it was not set to automatically start when the server was restarted (routine for updates).  This time I noticed it was set to shut down when it was overloaded with too many simultaneous requests. It was probably shut off by a google crawl.  With that setting it was off until I turned it back on.  I changed the setting to suspend. Now it will just suspend access for a few seconds or minutes and then allow it again. I really don't know much about these things and Sorin isn't at his computer right now. I figured all this out by comparing the setting to the main forumanciencoins.com pool settings and the romancoins.info pool settings and finding and changing what was different. Hopefully this is the last problem. 

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Gil-galad
Praetorian

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 05:38:03 pm »

I've been having problems connecting to the FTP to my website Ancient Whitesheet, since the move.

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/ancientwhitesheet/index.html

Here is the message I am getting.

Code:
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server

I just switched to Filezilla FTP from FTP commander. Never used Filezilla before so it could be a problem with that or a internal problem with the site. Or I could have the FTP information wrong.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem with FTP?

Thanks.
Joe Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM STAFF
Caesar

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 04:56:01 am »

If you have FTP problems, email webmaster1 at forumancient...com.

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Gil-galad
Praetorian

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 09:46:20 am »

I have sent a email a couple weeks ago, I just did again.
Meepzorp
Caesar

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 03:33:50 pm »

Hi Joe,

All of my website pages are not working again.

I keep getting an "error 503" message.

Meepzorp

Meepzorp
Caesar

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 09:39:51 am »

Hi Joe,

Most of my website pages are not working again.

I keep getting an "error 503" message.

Meepzorp

Gil-galad
Praetorian

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 08:15:56 pm »

This website is having the "IIS 10.0 Detailed Error - HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden" message when I try to visit this site.

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/antonines/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Announcements and Help  |  Administration Announcements  |  Topic: Moving to the Cloud Tommorow Morning EST « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop