Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Islamic Ae Dirham? Leopard / Lion with Rider 23.52mm 4g Artuqids? Seljuk of Rum? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Islamic Ae Dirham? Leopard / Lion with Rider 23.52mm 4g Artuqids? Seljuk of Rum?  (Read 395 times)
pogh_poor
Caesar

I love this forum!

« on: February 10, 2018, 03:12:47 pm »

I like figural Islamic coins.  So I purchased this interesting Islamic Ae dirham? It measures 23.52 mm and weighs 4.0g (it has been holed).  On the obverse is what appears to be a rider on a leopard or lion in an inset beaded circle surrounded by a caption.  Could this be an issue of either the Artuqids of the Seljuk Sultans of Rum?  All comments would appreciated in helping me identify this interesting coin.  Pogh_poor

All passes, Art alone Enduring stays to us; The Bust out-lasts the throne,-- The coin, Tiberius.
bakkar
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 05:00:36 pm »

Most likely Ilkhanid fals as I can read the sultan's name of Ulijatue on obverse border.
pogh_poor
Caesar

I love this forum!

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 05:23:52 am »

Thank you for the help!  I think that it is indeed a Ilkhanid fals issued by Uljaytu / Öljaitü.  I think that it is:

AE Fals Baghdad  712 AH / 1312 AD
Obverse lion left sun over it in a beaded circle    السلطان الاعظم ....... السطان جلد الله ملكه
Reverse
 ضب بغداد
سنة اثنان عشر
و سبعمائة 
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

All passes, Art alone Enduring stays to us; The Bust out-lasts the throne,-- The coin, Tiberius.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Islamic Ae Dirham? Leopard / Lion with Rider 23.52mm 4g Artuqids? Seljuk of Rum? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop