Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Islamic Ar Ayyubid Dirham? 26.68mm x 22.51mm 2.9g Small Star in field 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Islamic Ar Ayyubid Dirham? 26.68mm x 22.51mm 2.9g Small Star in field  (Read 400 times)
pogh_poor
Caesar

I love this forum!

« on: February 05, 2018, 10:02:35 am »

This interesting Islamic Ar came in a group of Byzantine and Armenian coins.     It measures 26.68mm x  22.51mm.  It weighs 2.9g.  There is a small star above the inscription on the reverse.  Could it be a Ayyubid dirham? Thanks for your help in identifying it.  Pogh_poor

All passes, Art alone Enduring stays to us; The Bust out-lasts the throne,-- The coin, Tiberius.
pogh_poor
Caesar

I love this forum!

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 06:37:36 am »

With the help of another Board, I believe that I have identified this interesting coin as a Seljuks of Rum dirham. Probably issued by  Izz-al-din Kayka'us II (643-647 H. / 1245-1249).  Pogh_poor

All passes, Art alone Enduring stays to us; The Bust out-lasts the throne,-- The coin, Tiberius.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Islamic Ar Ayyubid Dirham? 26.68mm x 22.51mm 2.9g Small Star in field « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop