Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: All I know its only rock and roll but I like it..Bill Wyman  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Vincent

• Caesar
All I know its only rock and roll but I like it..Bill Wyman
« on: January 23, 2018, 11:06:32 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-40327446

Metal detecting enthusiast Wyman, who quit the band in 1993, found several of the items within the grounds of his Suffolk manor house.

He has loaned them to the Moyse's Hall Museum in Bury St Edmunds as part of its Lost Property exhibition.

The museum said it was "privileged" to have access to Wyman's collection.

Wyman, who had been a founder member of the Rolling Stones, has been a "serious detecting enthusiast" since he bought his first metal detector in the 1990s.

He said it helped him uncover the site of a Roman homestead.

Wyman started selling his own metal detectors in 2007 and told of his treasure-detecting adventures in his illustrated book Treasure Islands, co-written with Richard Havers.

Seems this Rolling Stone digs finding coins...literally....
Even wrote a book on the topic....
Thought it was pretty cool

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: All I know its only rock and roll but I like it..Bill Wyman
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 11:11:08 pm »
Awesome!

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: All I know its only rock and roll but I like it..Bill Wyman
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 12:33:01 pm »
Looks like he got some detecting satisfaction!!

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity