Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Lead Seal ID  (Read 965 times)

Offline NIKSOL

• Consul
Lead Seal ID
« on: January 02, 2018, 04:00:51 pm »
3cm

Offline Gert

• Procurator Monetae
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • My Vcoins store
Re: Lead Seal ID
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 03:42:58 pm »
Can't make sense of the monogram. Problem is the letter to the r. - is that epsilon or theta? With theta I can't think of any names. Also difficult with epsilon. Perhaps 'Alephantos'? His dignity is hypatos, which you can read in the corners of the monogram.
Regards
Gert

Offline v-drome

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 04:31:09 pm »
Hi, Gert and Nikos.  I was wondering if the letter on the right could be a lunate sigma with epsilon, making Stephanou a possibility?

Jimi

Offline Gert

• Procurator Monetae
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • My Vcoins store
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 03:37:54 am »
Unconventional but possible. And considering the lack of good alternatives, it might even be the best option!
Regards
Gert

Offline NIKSOL

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 02:15:35 pm »
Hello my friends!!! I think it's the Theta. the epsilon is square in the first photo

All coins are guaranteed for eternity