Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING!!! WE ARE OPEN AND SHIPPING!!! We Are Working From Home, Social Distancing, Wearing Masks, And Sanitizing To Pack Orders!!! Please Call Us If You Have Questions 252-646-1958 Welcome Guest. Please login or register. STORE WIDE SALE!!! 10% OFF EVERYTHING!!! WE ARE OPEN AND SHIPPING!!! We Are Working From Home, Social Distancing, Wearing Masks, And Sanitizing To Pack Orders!!! Please Call Us If You Have Questions 252-646-1958

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Books and References (Moderator: Severus_Alexander)  |  Topic: My Magna Graecia library 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Magna Graecia library  (Read 5297 times)
Enodia
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

~ For My Star ~

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 07:05:22 pm »

here's a couple of new Magna Graecia auction catalogs I just added, both small and from Bank Leu in 1961. the first is all Tarentum (Taras), while the second covers a number of Greek cities in Lucania.
I really only needed the first one, which I've already made use of, but I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to get the set. and they were from Forvm, so why not?   Wink

http://www.librarything.com/work/22080159/book/158216851
http://www.librarything.com/work/22080139/book/158216650

~ Peter

gordian_guy
Caesar

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 09:25:52 am »

Thanks Thumbs Up

c.rhodes

Enodia
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

~ For My Star ~

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2019, 03:43:31 pm »

I added volume one of the Oliver Hoover Handbook series a little while ago. This is the Magna Graecia installment, first in the series but last to be published, so I've been waiting awhile since it's really the only one i needed (although i have the Sicily volume as well).
I find it to be more supplemental than essential, but it's nice to have anyway...

https://www.librarything.com/work/23687424/book/173404093

- Peter

Anaximander
Consul

Anaximander

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2019, 01:27:54 pm »

A hearty thanks!  Your posts here have spurred me to join LibraryThing and do what I should have started long ago: catalog my coin books.  I now approach that site with the same determination and attention to detail as I do my coin collecting and cataloging.  So I am now over 80 Greek coin books and pamphlets cataloged, with many an inexpensive reprint among them, several volumes of the ANS ACNAC series, and yes, a couple SNGs. 

https://www.librarything.com/catalog/Anaximandros

My latest new book is also Hoover's Handbook of Greek Coins, volume I: Magna Graecia.  It satisfies a craving to have lots of references, especially those in contemporary works.

Cheers~
Anaximander

Chris “Anaximander” Thomsen. Member Since 2019.
My ForumAncientCoins gallery
Enodia
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

~ For My Star ~

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2019, 11:46:35 am »

Cool!
Yes, LT is a great resource of which I'm surprised more coin collectors don't avail themselves.

Do you use the same handle there?

- Peter

Anaximander
Consul

Anaximander

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2019, 04:40:10 am »

Yes, LT is a great resource of which I'm surprised more coin collectors don't avail themselves.
Do you use the same handle there?

I use the name Anaximandros on LibraryThing, since Anaximander was already taken.  
I did find something of a learning curve there, as I did here, but it's worth the effort.

Anaximander

Chris “Anaximander” Thomsen. Member Since 2019.
My ForumAncientCoins gallery
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Books and References (Moderator: Severus_Alexander)  |  Topic: My Magna Graecia library « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop