Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Falghera 2148  (Read 908 times)

Offline gordian_guy

• Caesar
Falghera 2148
« on: November 14, 2017, 03:51:55 pm »

Does anyone have access to Glaux 8: Monetazione provinciale II. Collezione Winsemann Falghera? I need a scan of coin number 2148, Gordian III from Bruzus.

Thank you

c.rhodes

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
Re: Falghera 2148
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 06:53:23 pm »
I have that book, here is the scan.
The entry reads:
AYT K M ANT GORDIANOC, laureate, draped and cuirassed bust right
BROYZ-HNwN, Homonoia standing left, holding vertical torch and cornucopiae.
Note that Falghera cites the lower case omega, whereas in actual fact the coin has the normal upper case  :Greek_Omega:

Offline gordian_guy

• Caesar
Re: Falghera 2148
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 03:13:54 pm »

Thank you helvetica, that is exactly what I needed. I think now i have a complete set of images for the RPC VII 707, Homonia Types from Bruzus!

c.rhodes

All coins are guaranteed for eternity