Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: The Emeryk Hutten-Czapski Museum - Krakow Poland  (Read 4394 times)

Offline nogoodnicksleft

• Consul
The Emeryk Hutten-Czapski Museum - Krakow Poland
« on: November 09, 2017, 07:14:15 pm »
Recently I had the opportunity to travel to Krakow in Poland, and what a beautiful city it is. While I was there I took the opportunity to visit the National Museum and saw lots of nice things including Da Vinci's Lady with Ermine (with a very undisturbed opportunity to view it, i.e. myself two others and a couple of security guards!!!!).

The numismatic part of the national museum is the Emeryk Hutten-Czapski Museum which is in a separate building a short walk away. This has a really nice collection of ancients, medieval and modern coins & notes plus some commemorative medals and very old medical book (on the first floor).

One of my favourites sets of coins were from John Casimir, the bust's seemed very grand and romanesque. Also some of the commemorative medals were also really interesting.

Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area (free entry on Sunday except the Da Vinci exhibition)

Few pictures attached to wet your appetite :) 

All coins are guaranteed for eternity