Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: The Tomb of Saint Nicholas?  (Read 884 times)

Offline ThatParthianGuy

• Praetorian
The Tomb of Saint Nicholas?
« on: October 06, 2017, 07:22:17 pm »
Hello all,
What a crazy week it has been. Finally, something more positive is in the news: apparently, archaeologists in Turkey found what may be the tomb of none other than Saint Nicholas (https://apnews.com/236ed76cecc941f798c7873bb542f745). Turkey never ceases to amaze me. When I visited the ruins of Ephesus in 2013, I found out that only a fraction of the existent ruins had been excavated there. In the Black Sea, countless shipwrecks, both Byzantine and Ottoman, have been uncovered in perfect states of preservation. A submerged basilica was found in Lake Iznik (near ancient Nicomedia). The list goes on! I wonder what they will discover next...
-TPG

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: The Tomb of Saint Nicholas?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 02:24:40 am »
Don't believe everything they are telling you. There ist written "... and now believe his remains may be lying there ...".
When I am reading "believe" and "may", then I am not really convinced ;) .

Regards

Altamura

All coins are guaranteed for eternity