Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Mionnet  (Read 789 times)

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
Mionnet
« on: October 02, 2017, 12:16:06 am »
I have been attempting to get hold of or at least access every reference which lists the King Philip II horseman bronze coinage which I am collecting.

Mionnet is online, with links to each volume listed in the numiskwiki entry for this reference.

I understand that the bronze coinage is erroneously listed under Philip III on pages 569-571 of Volume 1.
Where I am stuck is where a catalogue entry refers to a monogram.
The monograms appear to be spread over the 9 supplement volumes.
I cannot find any monograms below 169, and any above 976.

Am I reading this correctly and are there likely pages missing from these scanned volumes? Or can anyone point me to the location of the missing monograms?
For instance Mionnet 765 lists a coin with monogram 43 listed. But I cannot find monogram 43 anywhere.
Additionally Mionnet 758 appears to lists a coin with monogram 1239.

Thanks,

Peter

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Mionnet
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 03:14:24 am »
Yes, the Google scans linked in numiswiki are incomplete  :-\ .

Use the better scans from the Bibliothèque nationale de France (http://gallica.bnf.fr), they seem to be complete.

For the first six volumes there is a separate volume with plates (not mentioned in numiswiki), there you find the monograms mentioned in these volumes.

For the supplement volumes there is a table with the monograms cited at the end of each of these volumes.

Unfortunately the BnF site is down at the moment (what happens rather seldom  :) ), so I am not able to give the exact links  :-[ .

Regards

Altamura

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 03:15:59 am »
Here are monograms # 1 to 168:

Pekka K

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 03:20:57 am »
It seems to work again  :) .

All the volumes of Mionnet now can be found here:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/services/engine/search/sru?operation=searchRetrieve&version=1.2&collapsing=disabled&rk=21459;2&query=dc.relation%20all%20%22cb30951396w%22
(if the Forvm software kills the link again, then you have to copy and paste it manually).

You can read them online or download the volumes as pdf files.

Regards

Altamura

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 04:07:54 am »
Thank you Altamura and Pekka,

That is most helpful.

I have added the link to the Mionnet numiswki page as well.

Peter

All coins are guaranteed for eternity