Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Seaby Coin and Medal Bulletin October 1975  (Read 891 times)

Offline paul1888

• Praetorian
Seaby Coin and Medal Bulletin October 1975
« on: September 08, 2017, 09:19:20 pm »
Hello,

Does anyone have a copy of the Seaby Coin and Medal Bulletin October 1975?  I would really appreciate if you could tell me if lot A-805 (Marcus Aurelius. Silver Denarius) is pictured in the catalog. The picture of the coin is below, along with a description.

Thank you very much. 

Paul

Marcus Aurelius. Silver Denarius (3.62 g), as Caesar, AD 138-161. Rome, under Antoninus Pius, AD 148/9. AVRELIVS CA-ESAR AVG PII F, bare head of Marcus Aurelius right. Reverse: TR POT III COS II, Minerva standing right, holding inverted spear and grounded shield. RIC 444; BMC 683; RSC 618.

Offline curtislclay

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Seaby Coin and Medal Bulletin October 1975
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 09:49:37 pm »
Yes, your coin was A805 in that Bulletin, illustrated on pl. 95. Graded "nearly EF", price £75.

The weight was not given in the text, and the coin was wrongly attributed as being C. 608 (same type with TR POT II) rather than the correct C. 618. Maybe just a misprint, since the rev. legend was correctly quoted as containing TR POT III, and the photo of course shows that same date.
Curtis Clay

Offline paul1888

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 10:42:43 pm »
Hi Curtis,

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help!  I hope all is well with you. I am trying to find a copy of the catalog to buy and wanted to know if my coin was pictured or not and if it was actually in the October catalog.   

Paul

Offline paul1888

• Praetorian
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 08:20:32 pm »
Hello,

If anyone knows where I could purchase a copy of the Seaby Coin and Medal Bulletin, October 1975 could you please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

All coins are guaranteed for eternity