Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Gratianus AE 16 mm unpublished C mark  (Read 461 times)

Offline COINS FAN

• Consul
Gratianus AE 16 mm unpublished C mark
« on: August 20, 2017, 06:59:51 pm »
Hello,

I bough this coin because of the unpublished mark: C

O/ DN GRATI - ANUS AVG
R/ SECURITAS REIPUBLICAE with C on the field. Mark: ANTI

The coin size is 16.00 mm and the weigh is 2.56 grams. The coin is pretty but im not good for photos. The obeverse is same state than reverse but the photo is fuzzy.
The coin has been cleaned by seller, but apparently only on the high points (the clearest points like legend or diadem). The seller said "my son cleaned the coins with lemon". I dont know how this coin was cleaned but i hope the black patina (invisible on the photo because of the exposure) will join all the coin.

Referenced yet here:
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=3571320

But cant see price because im not with premium account. Someone can see the price?

Offline stevex6

• Caesar
Re: Gratianus AE 16 mm unpublished C mark
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:02:26 pm »
sweet sprue, great centering ... cool coin (congrats)

Offline COINS FAN

• Consul
Re: Gratianus AE 16 mm unpublished C mark
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 07:19:07 pm »
Thank you Steve i bough it 4 Euros between other coins.  ;D

All coins are guaranteed for eternity