Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas!!! Your favorite coin collector must be wishing for an ancient coin!!!! All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas!!! Tell them you want a coin from FORVM for Christmas!!!! Internet challenged? We are happy to take your order over the phone 252-646-1958.

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Antiquities  |  Other Antiquities  |  Topic: What is origin of the medal? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is origin of the medal?  (Read 1262 times)
Reza K
Legionary

« on: July 25, 2017, 03:50:25 am »

I have attached the photos of a medal (Rev. and Obv.) to the message. It is very appreciable if anyone could guide me that what is the language of the legend, and What is origin of the medal... Could anyone read the legend?

Thank you all.
JBF
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 03:24:20 pm »

It is not a Latin based alphabet, probably semitic, Arabian maybe>

The bird with that tail looks like a phoenix.
Canaan
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 11:35:28 pm »

This is not a Semetic language and for sure not Arabic, but most likely related to Indian.

djmacdo
Tribunus Plebis 2017
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

I love this forum!

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 04:37:47 pm »

Perhaps Georgian.
gallienus1
Caesar

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 04:22:34 am »

I think it is likely to be a Hindu temple token from south east Asia, probably no earlier than the 19th century in date.

Regards,

Steve

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Antiquities  |  Other Antiquities  |  Topic: What is origin of the medal? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop