Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Coin movies  (Read 1755 times)

Offline dougsmit

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek & Roman Coins
Coin movies
« on: July 14, 2017, 04:56:31 pm »
I have just started playing with making videos of coins.  Only some types will benefit in any way from the idea but I particularly like the overstrike below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwk6XlO56dQ

The question now is what coins might be suitable.  Has anyone here played with this? The only other I have done is this Sybaris.  Suggestions appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2wa_ktaxUE

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
Re: Coin movies
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:24:50 am »
Hi Doug,

Thanks for sharing! Nice videos!

I think any coin would benefit from a video but but especially those whose appearance changes the most under different angles of light. I like that your video shows how we might see a coin in life, under different angles of light, which gives a better indication of what it looks like in hand than a "static" photo.

I think that highly reflective coins would be interesting to video as well as coins which are high relief, have thick flans, or other physical characteristics (e.g. very convex/concave) which sometimes cannot be seen well in a single photo.

I think the King Philip II bronze coins, which I have had difficulty with, certainly meet the above criteria.

Peter

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Coin movies
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 12:32:42 pm »
Wow. That first video is brilliant.

Have you considered adding a bit of narration to tell the story?

As for others.  Hmmm.  Maybe an explanation of different die axes

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity