Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Timurid Dynasty Coin - Persia  (Read 658 times)

Offline Greg M2

• Legionary
Timurid Dynasty Coin - Persia
« on: July 13, 2017, 12:16:20 pm »
Hello everyone. First time poster, and new to ancient coin collecting. I recently purchased a coin from the Timurid Dynasty in Persia, said to minted under Timur's son, Shahrukh, in AH 828 [1424/1425]. I was wondering if anyone had a clue as to the English translation for the inscriptions on the coin. I'm not even sure which side is the Obverse vs. Reverse. I am having trouble embedding photos here, so I will put the link to the photos in the coin auction.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to give me here. Anything you can tell me about this coin would be greatly appreciated. A translation of the markings, or even the city/country in which it was minted.

[LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

Offline Greg M2

• Legionary
Re: Timurid Dynasty Coin - Persia
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 12:19:47 pm »
Also, even any info regarding the system of currency this belongs to would be helpful. It is listed as a Tanka.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 05:28:03 pm »
Linking to eBay for this purpose is not allowed here.  I uploaded the photos for you.  I don't know the answers to your questions.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Greg M2

• Legionary
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 01:39:07 pm »
Oh, I apologize for the link. Thanks for fixing the pictures. :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity