Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Greek to ID  (Read 1154 times)

Offline zoser

• Caesar
Greek to ID
« on: July 02, 2017, 04:44:38 pm »
AE 14

Thanks in advance

Offline zoser

• Caesar
Re: Greek to ID
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 04:49:20 pm »
Other angle

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 05:07:28 pm »
I have seen this coin, but I have no idea  :(.

By the way: there are more elegant ways of getting rid of the logo of the seller than cutting off the upper part of the picture  ;).

Regards

Altamura

Offline zoser

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 02:14:27 pm »
I have seen this coin, but I have no idea  :(.

By the way: there are more elegant ways of getting rid of the logo of the seller than cutting off the upper part of the picture  ;).

Regards

Altamura

Hi Altamura, thanks so much for having a look.

Does anyone know where to start looking for it?

King regards
Zoser

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 03:44:30 pm »
The reverse shows probably an altar.
Below I read TAΣ and to the left of the altar (when it has been turned around) there seems to be a ΔI monogram.

But that's all I can say  :(.

Regards

Altamura

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 12:37:54 am »
I think Altamura is right. Here is a very similar altar on the reverse of a coin from Pisidia, Antioch: https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=2934317

Offline zoser

• Caesar
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 10:59:58 am »
Hi everyone, even some help given I haven't been able to find this coin, any idea?

Thanks

Offline stevex6

• Caesar
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 11:38:22 am »
zoser => they just told you what your coin is ... you don't agree with their suggestions?

Offline zoser

• Caesar
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 01:45:20 pm »
zoser => they just told you what your coin is ... you don't agree with their suggestions?

Do you mean that coin is from Pisidia Antioch? If so, do you happen to have any ref? As as far as I know no one has said a ref and I haven't been able to find one, as said.

Hoping you solve it.
Regards

Offline stevex6

• Caesar
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 03:52:58 pm »
yah, that's what I thought they were saying ... it sounded like Alt-dude and Peter gave you that link as an answer

Ummm, I'm not sure it's correct, but it sounded like you didn't acknowledge that he'd responded

=> either way, good luck with your hunt (it's a cool OP-coin)

Offline zoser

• Caesar
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 04:09:19 pm »
yah, that's what I thought they were saying ... it sounded like Alt-dude and Peter gave you that link as an answer

Ummm, I'm not sure it's correct, but it sounded like you didn't acknowledge that he'd responded

=> either way, good luck with your hunt (it's a cool OP-coin)

Escuse me, do you really say that that coin is the same as mine???
I understood perfectly that they said they both shared some similarities so mine could be from there to, what I really really apreciate, but of course mine has not the same ref as this one.

As you were really sure that it was completely atributed I believed you knew a think or two about it, but no, you have no idea, so please let the other people say something and no try to show what you don't know.

Cordialement

Offline stevex6

• Caesar
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 04:18:37 pm »
Sorry dude, have a nice day ... you seem like a great guy

I love making new friends

+++

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 07:56:51 pm »
Zoser,

If you plan on being rude to others like Steve P who are simply being friendly, you may find people cease being so willing to assist you with your countless requests for ID. Almost 100% of your posts on this discussion board have been to request an ID. Just be grateful people continue to offer their time to assist you.

Peter

All coins are guaranteed for eternity