Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: P & P Santamaria: Brunacci collection 2/24/1958  (Read 1163 times)

Offline paul1888

• Praetorian
P & P Santamaria: Brunacci collection 2/24/1958
« on: May 31, 2017, 04:24:53 pm »
Hi Does anyone have the auction catalog:

P & P Santamaria: Brunacci collection 2/24/1958

I am trying to determine if  the following coin is from this auction and if the coin is pictures in the auction catalog.

Roman Republic. Cn. Cornelius Lentulus Clodianus, AR Quinarius (14mm, 1.78 g) Rome 88 BC
Laureate head of Jupiter r.
Victory r. crowning trophy; in exergue, CN LENT

If you have the catalog please let me know and thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Offline Carausius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Forum Gallery:
Re: P & P Santamaria: Brunacci collection 2/24/1958
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 07:49:27 pm »
My copy of the catalogue was dropped to my bookbinder over the weekend for binding!   I won't have it back for a month or two.  I'll see if I can get some others to reply to your question. 

Offline paul1888

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 09:30:43 pm »
Thanks very much!

Offline carthago

• Caesar
  • Nervos belli, pecuniam
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 10:35:15 pm »
There is a group of 4 Cornelia 51 quinarii listed under lot 227, but no pictures or weights.  You coin may have been one of them but there is no way to tell from the catalogue.  Sorry.

Offline paul1888

• Praetorian
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 09:59:31 pm »
Carthago,

Thank you for the information.  The old ticket with the coin indicates it was lot 227, but it is too bad their is no picture and I cannot verify the provenance.  I wish the older catalogs pictured all the coins they offered for sale.  I assume due to cost only higher value coins were pictured.  I can only imagine all the provenances that have been lost as a result of this. 

Thanks & I appreciate your help,

Paul

All coins are guaranteed for eternity