Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Vandalised Article  (Read 5317 times)

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
Vandalised Article
« on: May 18, 2017, 11:41:19 pm »
Hi,

I removed a silly image from the Ancient Coin Collecting 101 article added by the user HILLBILLY H.

Nothing dangerous, but crude and inappropriate in its context and unrelated to the article.
Not something we want people new to the hobby and reading an introductory article to see.

Can we search if there are any other edits made by that user?

Peter

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Vandalised Article
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 01:50:19 am »
He only logged in once and it does not appear that he made other NumisWiki changes.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 02:41:16 am »
That's fortunate,

Just as a suggestion, it might be worthwhile assigning to the moderator of the Numiswiki forum the routine checking of key articles  (those which appear under the FORVM menu drop down) and the randomly checking of recently edited /added pages in case this occurs / has occurred again.

Peter

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 07:22:40 am »
This is the first time we have a problem and NumisWiki has been around since 2005, so I am not sure we need a change. I spend a lot of time on NumisWiki and I do look at changes. It isn't hard since I make almost all the changes.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/recent.asp
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity