Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help to ID this strange coin please  (Read 341 times)

George G2

Help to ID this strange coin please
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:00:29 pm »
Hi everyone, hope all are well. I have another batch of coins I've taken out of the olive oil and cleaned up fairly nice. This one has me baffled. It almost looks like an indian on the face??? Help please.

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Help to ID this strange coin please
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 06:07:03 pm »
Size and weight?  Looks like a republican quadrans. Similar to this:

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=1937333

Can you read anything on it?

George G2

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 06:12:21 pm »
I'm afraid my old eyes aren't that good. Even under the magnifier. I can't read anything on it but it does look a lot like the one you've posted for sure. Thanks!

George G2

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 02:07:03 pm »
Oh yeah sorry.  It's 20mm and 6 grams
I took some better digital pics and blew them up as best I could it looks like it says "ROMA" below the galley and above in vertical set it looks like X/? A N

All coins are guaranteed for eternity