Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: What is that clay item?  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Mike C2

• Consul
What is that clay item?
« on: March 19, 2017, 05:45:59 pm »
Dear Members;
I wonder what it could be this clay item?Very unusual clay tablet with archaic forms and curious three holes on the edge-71 x 48 x 16mm
Thanks for all help

Peter P6

Re: What is that clay item?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 07:48:47 am »
Hi,

looks like that it is seal stamp - origins unknown to me..

Regards

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 06:18:53 pm »
I think it is a seal stamp too.  Do any of the holes go right through?  They would be for a cord to wear it around the neck.  Perhaps delete this post and re-post the photo in the seals section.....

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Mike C2

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 02:29:28 am »
The holes didn't go right through.I don't think it's a stamp seal as it's impossible to have impression of the figures...the holes served  ???probably to preserve and holed the" pencils" or any material for writing? ???
thanks for all comments and suggestions +++

All coins are guaranteed for eternity