Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Classical Economics  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Frank M

• Praetorian
    • www.frankmcmains.com
Classical Economics
« on: March 14, 2017, 10:50:56 am »
Can anyone recommend a board or forum where people are discussing the underlying economics of the classical economy and thus the coins we all enjoy?

I have gotten a lot out of reading more detail about the period and the forces effecting classical economics. I posted a half-review in the books section but it doesn't look like that is getting much attention.

Any other econ and book nerds out there who have some ideas?

Thanks!

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: Classical Economics
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:58:56 pm »
Here is generally a good place. I wouldn't get discouraged if a topic fizzles out or gets no attention.  People probably read it with interest but have nothing to add.

Offline Frank M

• Praetorian
    • www.frankmcmains.com
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 03:04:27 pm »
Here is generally a good place. I wouldn't get discouraged if a topic fizzles out or gets no attention.  People probably read it with interest but have nothing to add.

Thanks, should I post in the Greek coin section if it is about Greek econ or stick with the book section? A few people on here seemed interested in Money in Classical Antiquity, hopefully that will produce some conversations.

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 06:46:06 pm »
I would say the Greek section if it involves Greek economics.  The book thread is good if you are referring to a specific work.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 09:33:08 pm »
I think a more specific question or aspect of economics is necessary to start the conversation.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity