Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Hungarian Denar  (Read 658 times)

Offline Quant.Geek

• Consul
Hungarian Denar
« on: February 03, 2017, 04:40:24 pm »
Does anyone know what the reverse of this particular Hungarian Denar represents?

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
Re: Hungarian Denar
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 05:02:45 am »
Hi ,
 Not real idea.. ??? ::)

but some opinion : it is described a "city" or "castle"...

any way the pattern are very similar of the EH-116(CNH-1-279, Huszar-199) bracteat pattern..

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-121649

Regards

Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline Quant.Geek

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 12:53:42 pm »
Thanks quadrans.  I was hoping you would respond!

Regards,

QG

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 09:12:22 am »
Huszar does not even attempt an explanation of the reverse, other than to describe its component elements.  My very rough translation from Huszar:  "Cross between two annulet’s, below that X-X within a horizontal beam, stars to its sides, below that pellets within a longer horizontal beam, below that five columns of wedges and pellets, below that crescent between two annulets."  Stkp

All coins are guaranteed for eternity