Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: An extremely rare quinarius for Vespasian (and in a very good condition)  (Read 1307 times)

Offline labienus

• Caesar
Hello,
an extremely rare quinarius (R3) from the end of Vespasian's reign. This RIC 1071 is (for the time being) known only in Budapest and missing from all other places.
On top of that, condition is abnormally great for a quinarius (perfect centering and full legend plus a great patina).
Best

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-135364

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
Ohh great.. +++

Not an everyday coin... :)

Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline orfew

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Historical Ancient Roman Coins
Great coin, congrats!

Offline labienus

• Caesar
Thank you gentlemen.

Offline David Atherton

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • The meaning of life can be found in a coin.
    • Flavian Fanatic Blog
How did I miss this post??

Wonderful, wonderful!! That is a true Flavian rarity! The frequency is listed as R2 in the upcoming Addenda, citing your specimen!

I had the lot bookmarked, but put it on the back burner. Regardless, I'm glad to see it went to a fine home.

Offline labienus

• Caesar
Many thanks, David. Quite honored to have the coin cited. Please feel free, if needed, to use the photo (although not a top one by all means).
Best
Pierre

All coins are guaranteed for eternity